Questions Relating to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Impacts to Drinking Water
March 05, 2020
Customers may have concerns about the safety of drinking water in light of heavy news media coverage. Please consider the following information:
- The coronavirus has no impact on the quality or supply of your tap water. As always, your tap water is available 24/7/365, plentiful and safe.
- While it’s always advisable to stock bottled water at home in case of emergencies that could disrupt the water supply, the Bella Vista Water District does not expect this health outbreak to disrupt service to our customers.
- Bella Vista Water District is committed to providing its customers with safe and reliable water. We use inline-filtration and chlorine disinfection to eliminate pathogens, which includes viruses. This ensures safe drinking water for all of our customers.
- Bella Vista Water District delivers water of the highest quality and meets all stringent state and federal drinking water requirements. This information is detailed in the agency’s Water Quality Report, available at https://www.bvwd.org/water-quality-reports
- Bella Vista Water District conducts over 260 routine water quality tests annually to ensure your water meets rigorous drinking water standards.
For more information and tips, visit the following websites: