2016 Emergency Regulation Takes Effect; Information Updated on State Water Board Website
February 12, 2016
The 2016 emergency conservation regulation adopted by the State Water Resources Control Board on Feb. 2 has been approved by the Office of Administrative Law and is now in effect.
The regulation extends the requirements of the original 2015 regulation through October 2016 with a few limited adjustments to reflect climate, growth and development of some drought-resilient potable water supplies since 2013.
Under the 2016 regulation, water suppliers may request an adjustment to their individual conservation standard by submitting required information through a new online tool now live at DRINC Portal. The tool will be available through March 15. Late submittals will not be reviewed.
The State Water Board had additional resources at the following links:
- Water Conservation Portal – Emergency Conservation Regulation Webpagehttp://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/conservation_portal/emergency_regulation.shtml
- Fact Sheet: Submitting Information to Adjust a Supplier’s Conservation Standardhttp://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/conservation_portal/docs/factsheet/adjustment_req_fs.pdf
- On-line tool for submitting information for adjustments and/or credits (login required)http://drinc.ca.gov/dnn/Applications/PublicWaterSystems/ConservationStandardAdjustment.aspx
- Certification form for new, local, drought-resilient potable water supplieshttp://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/conservation_portal/docs/supply_cert_form021016.pdf
- Frequently asked questionshttp://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/conservation_portal/faq.shtml